Make Great Summer Plans With Self Storage
After what has been a difficult start to the year, we are having to readjust to a new normal. Instead of taking holidays and long distance trips many of us are going to be staying in the province this year. With the abundance of things to do in Alberta, there are a lot of options for how to spend our time. Whether it’s taking a trip, taking up a new activity, or finding a spot to camp whilst staying socially distanced and relaxed, self storage can help you this summer. Here are some ideas for inspiration on some summer activities you can enjoy this year, and some tips on how self storage can be here to help make them happen.
If you want to spend some of your leisure time outside of your home then you are definitely in luck. Alberta is home to an endless list of stunning hiking trails, lakes, mountains, national parks and more. A short drive from St Albert will take you to some stunning areas to explore and enjoy an active hike.
Trying A New Activity
- Canoeing or Kayaking. With some of the most stunning lakes in the world, Alberta is the perfect place to take up paddling. Owning a canoe or kayak is an amazing way to get out on the water and explore when and where you want. It’s easy to get started, and once you’re more confident you can take longer trips and take advantage of the amazing kayak and canoe adventure opportunities on the many lakes and rivers in the province.
- Mountain Biking. Whether it’s nearby trails like Edmonton’s Strathcona Science Park or the stunning opportunities to explore in Banff and Jasper, Alberta is a mountain biker's dream. Taking to the trails is a great way to explore, stay active, and see a different side to where you live.
- Fishing. Your new outdoor activity doesn’t have to be all action. In fact, one of the most rewarding ways to spend some time outdoors can be enjoying the challenge and patience of fishing. Alberta has an abundance of places to fish, both near St Albert and further afield. All you need to get started is a rod, a cooler, a lot of patience, and to make sure you have the right kind of license to fish!
Staying out overnight
Taking an overnight trip doesn’t have to mean staying in a hotel. Why not experience nature first hand and camp out overnight, or if you’re into having a few more home comforts around you, why not try RVing?
- Camping Trips. Alberta’s campgrounds are legendary for their stunning surroundings and almost endless activities. Camping is an ideal way for a getaway without having to leave the province, meaning you can plan your ideal summer staycation with more freedom than trying to find a hotel to stay. It’s a good idea to make sure the site you want to stay at is currently operating, and to book your space early.
- RVing. If you’re more partial to RVs than tents then there are plenty of opportunities for you to explore and have some time away from home. If your RV has been sitting idle for a little longer than you’d expected it to this year, we have some great tips on what to check when you’re taking your RV out of storage. We also have some handy tips on 7 things you can do to extend the life of your RV so you can enjoy taking trips in the province for longer.
How can Self Storage help you with these plans?
The great thing about all of these activities is that you can plan them and do them as and when you have time to. Whether it’s taking to some mountain bike trails, paddling on a stunning waterway, camping out under the stars, or taking an RV staycation, the freedom is yours. There is, however, one thing to consider - storing your equipment. Camping gear, canoes, kayaks, fishing gear and mountain bikes all take up a lot of room in your home. Having a safe, secure place to keep them once the seasons change is a must. A self storage unit is the ideal solution for this! You get a safe and affordable space to keep your things while making space at home so that your summer activity doesn’t clutter up your home! At Riel Park our Household Storage is ideal for keeping seasonal items safe over the winter. Self Storage is also a great option if you’re looking for somewhere to safely keep your RV when it’s not in use. Call us on (780) 651-8056 to talk to one of our storage experts, or reserve a unit online today and move in as soon as you need.