Declutter & Keep Your New Year's Resolution
Kicking of the New Year will make you feel happier and more energized. Don't let clutter in your home leave you feeling unorganized and stressed.
Maybe you need to downsize or you have too much stuff cluttering your drawers, cupboards and closets. Make Decluttering Your New Year's Resolution and get organized. Life is better without a mess!
When you are in the process of decluttering you will often run across items that you wish to keep but don't currently have the space needed to give them a permanent home. Setting up a storage unit in St. Albert may be the answer for you.
Having off site storage will give you the opportunity to review your stuff at a later date and at a time convenient to you. You may find that when your decluttering and reorganizing is complete that moving seasonal stuff in and out of your storage unit is the perfect solution to having a clutter free home.
Reduce the stress in your life with these helpful decluttering tips.
5 DECLUTTERING TIPS:
- Start with as little as 5 minutes at a time. Start small so you don't get overwhelmed, instead of starting with an entire room, start with a closet.
- Create a plan. Allocate some time each day or week to keep on track and focused. Consider creating a decluttering checklist.
- Use the 6 month rule. If you have not used the item in 6 months, chances are, you don't need it.
- Use the three bin sort method. Keep, Toss or Donate. A self storage unit is a good place to keep any items you just can't part with. Renting a self storage unit in St Albert allows you to reduce the clutter in your home and gives you the extra space you need.
- Less to clean. If you have lots of knick knacks it can be more stressful cleaning. Reducing clutter and having less stuff means less cleaning.
HOW TO KEEP YOUR NEW YEAR'S RESOLUTION
Starting a New Year, it's time to review our New Year's resolution strategy.
Here are 5 tips for creating and keeping your New Year's Resolution.
- Be realistic: Start small in attempting to change a behaviour - one behaviour at a time. Remember it takes time to change a behaviour. Do not overwhelm yourself by resolving to change everything at once. Use the SMART principle (Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Relevant & Time bound) when you're setting your resolution goals.
- Outline your plan: Schedule your resolution activities. Somehow writing it down or recording it in your phone makes it more real and easier to keep.
- Talk about it: The more people you share your resolution with and keep updated on your progress, the better chance you have of holding yourself accountable. This will create a support team for you. Share your successes!
- Don't beat yourself up about it: Don't give up due to a misstep in keeping your resolution. Restarts are completely acceptable and very normal. Resolve to get back on track now, rather than the inevitable "tomorrow." Measure activity not results.
- Reward Yourself.
Let Riel Park RV & Self Storage help you with keeping your New Year's resolution and rent a St. Albert Self storage unit. Don't let clutter get the best of you.
With both climate controlled storage and drive-up unheated storage units, we have the St. Albert storage solution for you. With month-to-month rentals and no long term commitments. Give us a call today at 780-651-8056 to discuss your storage needs with one of our storage rental experts. We also have online rentals and online payments.